- Akira Asano（浅野 晃）, Professor
- Various research topics!
Prof. Asano's Lab, Faculty of Informatics, Kansai University
Lab is closed from Apr. 2017 to Mar. 2018, since Prof. Asano is in his sabbatical leave.
- Theses are written in Japanese.
MA, Mar. 2017
- Nguyen Hung An
Regularity and predictability of curves and human affectiveness
- Ayana Deguchi（出口 絢那）
Physiological and psychological reactions in preferences of colors
BA, Mar. 2017
Assigned in Apr. 2014
- Mako Sunayama（砂山 真子）
- Relationships between visual, haptic, and mechanical characters on various white textile materials.
Assigned in Apr. 2015
- Arata Akihisa（穐久 新）
- Color arrangements in illustrations and impressions
- Keigo Kanetsuna（兼綱 啓伍）
- Extraction of trabeculi from mandibles in dental panoramic radiographs
- Nana Shirogane（白銀 奈々）
- Temporal transition of chords and evoked colors
- Sonoka Takada（高田 苑佳）
- Effect of densities of yarns and characteristics of materials to visual impressions of textiles
- Shinji Tatsumi（巽 真治）
- Effect of temporal transition of color arrangements to human impressions
- Misaki Maeda（前田 美咲）
- Perception of color saturation in photos — How humans find naturality of colors
- Misaki Yamada（山田 美紗季）
- Human visual affection from the viewpoints of shapes and color assignments
- Shin Yamamoto（山本 慎）
- Effect of disturbances of stimulus arrangements in visual search
- Yuri Yoshii（吉井 佑里）
- Relationships between color categorizations and interests to colors
BA, Mar. 2016
Assingned in Apr. 2014
- Michinaga Tanaka（田中 道詠）
- Effect of impression of music on visual expressions
- Tohru Nakamae（中前 徹）
- Physiological responses to chromatic illumination
- Shugo Mihara（三原 脩吾）
- Effect of colors on memorization of symbols
- Masafumi Yoshimura（吉村 雅史）
- Influences of colors to human emotion — Does blue sky make humans lively?
- Arika Nishiza（西座 有香）
- Dependance of colorization on skill of painting
BA, Mar. 2015
Assigned in Apr. 2012
- Yoshiki Kitayama（北山 慎基）
- Can hate emotions to foods in blue be relieved?
Assigned in Apr. 2013
- Ayana Deguchi（出口 絢那）
- Connection between colors and concepts
- Nao Murakami（村上 奈央）
- Relationship between age estimates on skin and local variation of illumination
BA, Mar. 2014
Assigned in Apr. 2012
- Ryoma Imae（今江 亮馬）
- Experimental tests on stroop effect — on perceptual elements on safety and danger
- Nanae Ohkita（大北 菜々恵）
- Experimental research on relationships between colors and impressions
- Yasunari Kanzawa（神澤 泰成）
- Analysis of texture images — utilization of the maximum particle size
- Kohki Kirihara（切原 光貴）
- Analysis of texture images — utilization of image segments
- Risa Hirota（廣田 里紗）
- Experimental research on visual feel of fabrics
- Rika Watanabe（渡辺 莉加）
- Experimental research on relationships between colors and preferences of foods
- Jin Zhao（金 朝）
- Analysis of texture images — utilization of restricted size means
Image Statistics Laboratory, Department of Information Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering, Hiroshima University (- 2011)
I was in Hiroshima University from Apr. 1998 to Sep. 2011. The Ph.D. candidates who were left in Hiroshima Univ. after I had moved to Kansai Univ. belonged to Professor Takio Kurita's Lab, and I also supervised them.
- Xiaoying Guo （郭 小英）(Entered to the Ph.D. course in Oct. 2010, and received Ph.D. in Sep. 2013)
- Modeling the perception of visual complexity of texture images and painting images.
- (Currently, Leader of the Computer Vision Research Group, School of Software Engineering, Shanxi University, China) [Web site]
- Muthu Subash Kavitha (Entered to the Ph.D. course in Apr. 2009, and received Ph.D. in Jun. 2012)
- Automatic system for diagnosing osteoporosis based on dental panoramic radiographs using statistical classification techniques.
- (Currently, Postdoctorate Fellow, Computer Vision and Image Processing Lab, Kyungpook National University, Korea) [Researchgate]
- Liang Li （李 亮）(Entered to the Master course in Apr. 2006, and received Ph.D. in Mar. 2011)
- Texture Analysis Based on Human Visual Perception and Mathematical Morphology.
- (Currently, Lecturer, Department of Media Technology, College of Information Science and Engineering, Ritsumeikan University) [Web site]
- Febriliyan Samopa (Entered to the Ph.D. course in Oct. 2006, and received Ph.D. in Nov. 2009)
- Tooth Shape Measurement on Dental Radiographs for Forensic Personal Identification.
- (Currently, Chair of the Departement of Information System, Faculty of Informatics, Institut Teknologi Sepuluh Nopember, Surabaya, Indonesia) [Researchgate]
- Agus Zainal Arifin (Entered to the Ph.D. course in Apr. 2004, and received Ph.D. in Mar. 2007)
- Development of Computer-Aided System for Diagnosing Osteoporosis Using Dental Panoramic Radiographs.
- (Currently, Dean of the Faculty of Informatics, Institut Teknologi Sepuluh Nopember, Surabaya, Indonesia) [Web site]
- Yang Lei （楊 磊）(Entered to the Ph.D. course in Apr. 2010, and quit the course in Sep. 2012)
- (Published paper) L. Yang, A. Asano, L. Li, C. Muraki Asano, and T. Kurita, "Multi-structural Texture Analysis Using Mathematical Morphology," IEICE Trans. Fundamentals, E95-A, 10, 1759-1767 (2012. 10).